Nymphenburg is the last true manufactory of its kind. Since it was founded in 1747, the high art of porcelain manufacture has been cultivated in the manufacture of the Bavarian royal family. To this day, Manu factum for Nymphenburg means producing porcelain entirely by hand using techniques that have been passed on and preserved from generation to generation.
The history of the Porzellan Manufaktur Nymphenburg is inextricably linked with the history of the Bavarian royal house of Wittelsbach. On November 1, 1747, Elector Max III started the electoral porcelain factory in his “Green Castle” in Neudeck near Munich. Located directly on the Auer Mühlbach, where the water power required to operate the devices was ensured. Initial difficulties in production, as well as high investments without resounding success, quickly waned the Elector's interest in porcelain production. However, several years later in 1754, the production of porcelain was implemented in a controlled manner, and the Electorate regained enthusiasm for the “Electoral Porcelain Fabrique”. From this moment in history, the tradition was born. Spanning over many years, and several directorships, the Nymphenburg porcelain factory continues to produce the most excellent work to this day.